Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Was Typhoon Haiyan Deliberately Designed to Establish a Permanent U.S. Military Presence in the Phillipines?

Silly me. For one brief nanosecond I got all teary-eyed, thinking that the U.S. military, steaming towards the Phillipines, was actually on a humanitarian mission. I even let myself expand that feeling into a YES! This is what our bloated military could be used for, to help the world heal from devastations caused by climate change!
Then I remembered dutchsince, his awful claim that Typhoon Haiyan was man-made.
If dutchsinse is right, then my idealistic visions of the future use of the military, to heal the planet and help create peace on earth, are instantly obliterated by that other way of interpreting events, the one I learned from combining Naomi Klein’s Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism and John Perkins’ Confessions of an Economic Hitman.
If only I hadn’t read either of those books. If only I could still look through rose-colored glasses. Instead, I’ve been retooled to follow the money, and mass death and destruction, right down the rabbit-hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment